Leave Me Alone

Thursday, February 10, 2011 , , 0 Comments

JOHN 11:25 NKJ
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

The sting of death has been removed for the Christian believer by Jesus our Lord.

1 CORINTHIANS 15:55 NLT
55 O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"

I am not afraid to die. There is no reason for any follower of Jesus to fear death.

REVELATION 12:11b NLT
11 And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.

I'm in no rush to die, for it's best to live a full life on earth and finish our race here. But after we finish on earth, death for a Christian believer is a promotion.

There are many people who claim to have visited Heaven and came back. I have never heard one indicate they wanted to leave and return to earth. They all say it is wonderful there beyond words.

What else could we expect from our wonderful Lord Jesus!

1 THESSALONIANS 4:13-14 NLT
13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope.
14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.

When a Christian dies, they leave their body and go to be with Jesus (Who loved us enough to die for us). Why should we be afraid of that?

PHILIPPIANS 1:21-23 NKJ
21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23 For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.

0 comments: